Important Changes in the 2024 Goldwater Competition:
- In past years, students could only be nominated for the Goldwater scholarship if they were enrolled full-time in the year they were nominated. For the 2024 competition, a student who is part-time may be nominated. As in the past, a student must be a full-time matriculated student during the academic terms when they receive financial support from the Foundation.
- Students may now be nominated by the school the student is currently enrolled OR by a school from which the student matriculated (e.g., a community college). A student may not be nominated by more than one institution during a competition cycle.
- For 2024, the Research Essay must have a title.
- The Foundation added a description of the review process in the Program Essentials section.
- Hyperlinks should not be included in the applicant’s essays or in the letters of recommendation. Reviewers will not use these links.
CR Dashboard Nomination Process
- New for 2024, Campus Representatives may nominate up to six students if they have both a transfer student and a U.S. Veteran (i.e., their fifth and sixth nominees cannot be two transfer students or two U.S. Veterans).